Some states and cities require that certain disclosures be made by a debt collector to residents of those places, in communications regarding debt collection.
You may also have rights in those or other states not specifically stated below.
COLORADO LAW PROHIBITS CREDIT BUREAUS FROM REPORTING MEDICAL DEBT OR FACTORING MEDICAL DEBT INTO A CREDIT SCORE UNLESS THE CONSUMER REPORT IS TO BE USED IN CONNECTION WITH A CREDIT TRANSACTION THAT INVOLVES, OR THAT MAY REASONABLY BE EXPECTED TO INVOLVE, A PRINCIPAL AMOUNT THAT EXCEEDS THE NATIONAL CONFORMING LOAN LIMIT VALUE FOR A ONE-UNIT PROPERTY AS DETERMINED BY THE FEDERAL HOUSING FINANCE AUTHORITY.
For Colorado residents, Colorado office location: 1776 S. Jackson Street, #900, Denver, CO 80210-3808; 720-287-8689
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR MARYLAND RESIDENTS
Maryland Department of Labor NMLS ID# 441662. To verify our licenses, please visit: https://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org
Connecticut License Numbers and Physical Addresses:
951801 - 1684 Woodlands Drive Ste 150 Maumee, OH 43537
951445 – 451 Southwest Sedgwick Rd Ste 220 Port Orchard, WA 98367
951835 – 6160 Mission Gorge Rd Ste 300 San Diego, CA 92120
951698 – 1 Mangrove Way, Montego Bay Free Zone, Montego Bay Jamaica, West Indies
This collection agency is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Commerce.
Collection Agency License #: CAD10274
Compliance Manager License #: CM10030 and CM12727
NEW MEXICO RESIDENTS
If you are a covered person and you received a surprise bill from a nonparticipating (out-of-network) provider for health care services rendered in an amount that exceeds your cost-sharing obligation that would apply for the same health care services if the services had been provided by a participating (in-network) provider, you may have rights under the New Mexico Surprise Billing Protection Act (the “Act”). The Act generally prohibits health care providers from knowingly submitting a surprise bill for out-of-network services to an insured person that demands payment for any amount in excess of the cost-sharing amounts that would have been imposed by the insured person’s health benefits plan if the health care service from which the surprise bill arises had been rendered by an in-network provider. The Act also provides that it is an unfair practice for a health care provider to knowingly submit a surprise bill to a collection agency. Pursuant to the Act, please be advised of the following rights:
- Patients are responsible only for payment of applicable in-network cost-sharing amounts under the patient’s health benefits plan.
2. Patients should contact their insurance carriers in advance and/or the provider when possible, to determine if the scheduled health care services to be provided will be covered at an in-network rate.
3. When prior contact is not possible for the care required, patients should contact their insurance carrier to discuss the surprise billing and to find the correct limitations that may apply.
4. Patients may appeal a health insurer’s determination regarding a surprise bill in accordance with the hearing procedures established by New Mexico’s Patient Protection Act.
5. The Surprise Billing Protection Act SB 337 can be obtained online at https://www.osi.state.nm.us.
6. If additional information or questions arise, you may contact the New Mexico Superintendent of Insurance in Santa Fe, NM.
Office of Superintendent of Insurance
PO Box 1689
Santa Fe, NM 87504-1689
NEW YORK CITY RESIDENTS
The New York City Department of Consumer Affairs license numbers for our locations are: Port Orchard, WA – 1265890; Maumee, OH – 1265903; San Diego, CA – 1265894; Montego Bay, Jamaica – 1268482.
Please advise us of your language preference. We can make available the following language access services to you, upon request: (1) Spanish speaking representatives, and, (2) translation of our written communications into Spanish. In addition, a translation and description of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages on New York City’s Department of Consumer Affairs’ website at www.nyc.gov/dca.
NEW YORK STATE RESIDENTS
In accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1692 et seq., debt collectors are prohibited from engaging in abusive, deceptive, and unfair debt collection efforts, including
but not limited to:
(i) the use or threat of violence;
(ii) the use of obscene or profane language; and
(iii) repeated phone calls made with the intent to annoy, abuse, or harass.
AllianceOne is not a law firm. AllianceOne does not intend to obtain a money judgment, or seek any other relief, against you in court. The New York State Department of Financial Services, however, requires that the following notice be provided:
If a creditor or debt collector receives a money judgment against you in court, state and federal laws prevent the following types of income from being taken to pay the debt:
- Supplemental security income, (SSI);
- Social security;
- Public assistance (welfare);
- Spousal support, maintenance (alimony) or child support;
- Unemployment benefits;
- Disability benefits;
- Workers’ compensation benefits;
- Public or private pensions;
- Veterans’ benefits;
- Federal student loans, federal student grants, and federal work study funds; and
- Ninety percent of your wages or salary earned in the last sixty days.
You may request communications in an alternative, reasonably accommodatable format such as large print, braille, audio compact disc, or other means. You may make a request for alternative communications by calling toll-free 800-858-4472 during regular business hours.
NORTH CAROLINA RESIDENTS
North Carolina Department of Insurance Company Numbers and Physical Addresses:
119500361 - 1684 Woodlands Drive Ste 150 Maumee, OH 43537
119500518 – 451 Southwest Sedgwick Rd Ste 220 Port Orchard, WA 98367
119500519 – 6160 Mission Gorge Rd Ste 300 San Diego, CA 92120
119500980 – 1 Mangrove Way, Montego Bay Free Zone, Montego Bay Jamaica, West Indies
This collection agency is licensed by the Collection Service Board, State Department of Commerce and Insurance.
This collection agency is licensed by the Division of Banking, P.O. Box 7876, Madison WI, 53707.